Skip to main content

DDD Spotlight: Divinely Keisha

I like to describe Keisha as divinely loyal. Sometimes, too much and too soon, but she never gives up on her family, her friends or her man. She often prays to get that dedication in return. God spared her from death when she was given just two years to live, fifteen years ago, now surely he could deliver her from lies and betrayal. If there's one person who she can count on to be there, it's her friend, Mikayla. Whether she wants to laugh or needs to cry, Keisha can always call on her. They didn't start out that way; more like almost toe-to-toe, but after both being on a collision course with divorce and life as they once knew it, now they have each other's back. Enter my anniversary giveaway on Goodreads and be sure add it to your to-read shelf!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE FIFTEENTH SEPTEMBER

September is a bittersweet month for me. It is filled with celebrations of life as there are multiple Virgos in my immediate family, including myself and my mom, but it has also become a time of remembering death. Fifteen years ago, on September 11, 2001, I was staring out of the window at University of North Carolina Hospitals. My birthday was the next day, but it was overshadowed with wondering how I would survive the 12 hours days with my full-time internship in the psychiatric ward and my part-time job in admissions at night. Not physically, but mentally. It was the first time I'd been back there since my dad’s sudden cardiac death four years earlier in September of 1997, just a few days before he would have some time off and could celebrate a belated birthday lunch he had promised me. Ironically, I saw him in passing traffic as I sped to work just hours before his death and we waved and smiled. He pointed his finger like I was busted for driving too fast and I couldn’t wait …

Chronic Diva: Kizxandria Baker (Lupus Awareness Month)

Chronic Diva:Kizxandria Baker

When Stars Align

I had a wonderful time over the past few days celebrating Martin Luther King, Jr. with my former co-workers and watching the inaugural celebrations that coincided with the holiday. It was a very inspiring time and it sparked this small tribute to Dr. King and President Obama, straight from a Diva's Heart!

How divine, when stars align! Celebrating on this day, the birth of a King In the 50th year of the march for the justice he wished to bring In the same time and space where it all took place, His presence now stands tall to witness it all As we, Black, White and the rainbow in between Usher in, yet again, the manifest destiny of a dream!
Happy Birthday Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Congratulations President Barack Obama!